Skip to content
- Lay one stone over two, lay two stones over one (a.k.a. “covering the joints” ).
- Lay the length of the stone going in to the wall. (Think stacking firewood !)
- Lay the stones level.
- Pack hearting from the inside – underneath & in between .
More Dry Stone Construction Essentials
- Lay one stone and pack that stone.
- Lay 5 stones, step back and look.
- Do not use the wall as a table on which to cut, shape & hammer stone.
- Lay the stone to the string line.
- Raise the string line as you build ~ according to the thickness of stone – never build above the string line .